Sunday, March 6, 2011

Fur is In at Bistro East

Had a little girlie luncheon the other day with some of the Fur Traitors. Decided it was time we went public with this club of ours and strutted our ____ on the catwalk, yah the catwalk yah I shake my little tush on the...I digress. Sans leopard print attire we gathered at Bistro East in Annapolis Royal. The only food offering in the town this winter I will spend my money in. Perusing the menu we noticed that it had gotten a good deal smaller since before Christmas and quite a bit pricier. The lunch menu is the same as the dinner and smaller portions are not available, a $24 entree for lunch seems a bit unreasonable.So we sat at a large table near the door and proceeded to gossip until the waitress came to take our drink orders.Though Nah was free from her cleanse she had green tea, Shan and Linda coffee and Julie and I some hot chocolate with whip cream...it was fat free thursday anyway. What seemed like an eternity later we received our lukewarm cocoa. I should mention the restaurant was half full when we arrived and by the time drinks came capacity was near reached. One waitress folks...still I was impatient as last week on a Thursday it was the exact same..perhaps a pattern and duly noting it to have more staff on hand??? The waitress was pleasant when she finally came back to take lunch orders and we asked her to nuke our drinks rather than make new ones...who knew when they might make it back to us. We ordered pizza and calzone margharita with the addition of portobello mushrooms, the portobello mushroom sandwich with aioli and side salad and I subsituted my salad for the soup, roasted tomato, which I had last week and was delish. A surprisingly short time later our food arrived and we all tucked in. The "salad" that came with the sandwich was a pitiful little toss of mesclun on the side of the plate though the dressing was lovely. The pizzas were not shared as they are always consistently yummy and then there was my soup. Not at all like last weeks offering, this was a spicy oops I dumped the whole bottle of cayenne in hope no one will notice soup. I could hardly swallow the mouthful I had taken. It lay untouched as I urged the others to assure me it wasn't just my wimpiness. With a roar from Linda my diagnosis was confirmed. I had to send that back too and was happy I had my sandwich already and ate it with much gusto and managed not to get any mayo on my shirt! We all declined dessert even though they have a sweet little mousse for one that's only $2, gotta watch that girlish figure, and called for bills. Pleased to see they had omitted my soup and even offered to replace it with another (unfortunately chicken noodle) it came to only $12.00. A good time had by all at the only restaurant in the valley so far that we can all agree on! Next time however we won't sit as close to the door, it can get a bit breezy without a second door to hold off that basin wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment