Thursday, January 5, 2012

It's a new day, it's a new dawn, it'a new life.......

Not to get all Jennifer Hudson on you but I think this is the year.
The year we get it all paid off, the year I transform my house, the year I find my purpose.
Seems like a lot but I just have this feeling.
So, in finding my purpose I have decided to do everything. Everything my friends and family think I should do because they all know me so well and I have to do a little bit of everything so here it goes....
1. Start a cookbook
2. Write a novel....well it will be regular blogging to start and perhaps a compilation or some freelancing from there
3. Cook: be it at market, private parties, personal cheffing....whatever
4. Start the Gourmet Eggplant Preserve Company and get my products into stores....like Pete's!
5. Volunteer for the things I am passionate about....the hall, the animals and gardening
6. Finish school and start doing nutritional counselling

So there it is. Seems pretty big. I know I can do it, I have been doing it, but now I realize that this is what I'm supposed to be doing and that is just as good as a career or full time job.
I want to tell you about the personal chef thing.
I have my first real gig this week. I sat down with them last night to start their peronalized menu plan which included finding things out like what foods they don't eat, types of meals they want to eat, length of time they have to prepare meals, how many meals they are looking to store and health benefits they want to see incorporated in their foods. Next we do a look through the cupboards to see what they have. Then we make the meal plan and grocery list. Go grocery shopping and then back to the kitchen to start preparing the meals. At this point they are welcome to stay, watch and learn or go about their business and when I'm done I will explain how to finish off each meal. That's it. I really excited to do this. I love the challenge of putting together meals and making cooking and mealtmes easier for people. Funny how I get stuck in my own rut sometimes and make the same things over and over but doing it for other people is easy!
So if you feel like your meals need a boost and you are getting tired of the same old same old....gimme a shout

It's a new me....and I'm feeling good.

2 comments:

  1. Took me a while to realize that what I am doing is really my purpose.Yours sounds great, fun, and doable...you are already doing so much of it.
    I think you will find that having so many things
    ( although all "related") will keep you happy. I am always open to the next "idea" that pops into my head and trust that doing what I love will always create enough to keep me going.

    ReplyDelete