Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dinner With Friends


What makes a meal perfect?
The obvious things first...presentation, foods you love on a plate, the smells coming from the kitchen or right in front of you, a nice glass of wine or your drink of choice, the atmosphere, the intent of the meal and of course the company...your own or that of someone you love.
I share a lot of my meals with friends now. Growing up you don't have much say in your dining companions, I always preferred that of a book but had to sneak it in at the table. That said, we had lots of interesting dinners with the family. But nowadays I love to cook for friends. I like to make a meal that is composed of everyones favourites. The challenge of recreating the meals we all had as children and trying to turn them vegetarian friendly. The hunt for special ingredients or new ones, creative ways to serve up leftovers or the bits in the fridge before grocery day, I do love a challenge. That said there is nothing nicer than having a meal prepared for you. A set table, napkins, good wine, a lovely meal with a salad and homemade dressing and great conversation,its all in the details and is so very appreciated and so very delicious. So here is my cheers, chin chin colin (sp? Nahleen) to great friends, fabulous food and many more together!

No comments:

Post a Comment